E IT Security community, I was wondering if you could offer me recommendations on kick-starting my career in IT and information security. As it stands, I'm more interested in the non-technical side of IT security.
- First-year BAISc (Information Systems Security) student
- Student member of ISACA [Information Systems Audit and Control Association]
- In the process of writing 40-50 pg. framework for defining primary/secondary PSPs for Canadian natural gas facilities; securing appropriately
- No former entry-level experience in the IT sector
- Experience: Tim Hortons, construction, acting.
- Pursuing CompTIA A+, GIAC Security Essentials (Year 2).
Do you have any other suggestions? I'm considering joining DRIE [Disaster Recovery Information Exchange], in my local chapter and obtaining the entry-level certifications offered by them within 2 years.