Does someone here knows a cheap DIY door logging system?
What I have:
- 2 doors that needs to be logged
- 1 netbook (running OpenBSD with internet connection & root permissions), the two doors are 1 and 4 meters away from it.
What I need:
- Every time when one of the door open/closes I need a warning about that (via e-mail) (e-mail must be sent in a few seconds after door opened/closed)
- When there is something moving or one of the door opens/closes an infra cam (to be exact I need 2 infra CAM) needs to take video (in good quality) about it (or at least pictures in good quality) and upload it to a place what I can reach via FTPS (the place where I upload isn't at home, where I need this monitoring/logging - So I alredy has a place where I can upload thing through FTPS).
- When there isn't any power, the netbook could run fine (because it has a battery), that's ok. But how can I give power to the infra cam's?
Question: How to do this? Or where to ask for this?
*I need e-mail notification because I have an Android phone and this way I don't need to pay for SMS via phone, etc. That would be enough.
There are these kind of systems off the shelf for horrible $. But I want to do this from a lower budget. :) (as many people who want a little more security at home too here in the forum :) )