For the last three months I have thousands of real visitors to a single page on my website. Those visits are recorded in Google Analytics and count as page views in adsense reports, but they are fake:
- They are not generated by spam software / prox5yy or a BOT.
- All are real IPs from US, Canada, Europe (no spammy IP, I checked it). All my regular visitors from Africa/Asia.
- In Google Analytics the visits recorded as direct access. Time on Page: 00:00:10 sec.
- In adsense, thousands of page impressions, but no single click.
- I have never advertised my website.
- All requests method is GET.
- My page is not included in a frame or iframe.
- My page is not opened as popup windows.
- No page referrals at all. I checked with IIS logs and programatically.
All visitors are using MIE , 6, 7, 8, 9 only. No Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc. My best guess was that someone was embedding my page inside a software (browser object / activex).
It was easy to delete the page and forget it, but the huge problem now is that whoever was doing this has replaced that forgotten page with my default website URL. Along with this altering I began to have other strange requests from the same style visitors (US-Europe / MSIE) to weird pages like /amgdgt/ife.html /adx-iframe-v2.html.
Any suggestions to identify what's going on?
My last explanations : A malware / trojan / bot , is using my page name as a referrer to fool advertising companies !
I found my page listed in snort.org 's log file like this : ib.adnxs.com/ptj?member=77764&size=160x600&inv_code=77142343&referrer=http://www.mywebsite.com/myoldpage.html&redir=http://ad.yieldmanager.com/st/anmember=7764%26anprice=7BPRICEBUC..
But why the requests to my website ?!!
Anyway , anybody has any idea about an Ads bot acts like this ? and how to stop it ?