I have set up a honeypot, but I am not happy with the low traffic load and I would like to trigger much higher traffic levels.
What methods would attract high bot activity? These are the ideas I have right now:
- incorporate Google Dorks into the honeypot
- add multiple entries of the honeypot IP on Pastebin (I know there are scripts that scrape Pastebin for IPs)
- add the IP to various public forums (like the methods used by spammers use to advertise sites)
- create multiple free websites (Blogger, etc.) that cross-link to each other and the honeypot
- use SEO to gain attention by search engines
- advertise the honeypot IP on social networks (twitter, google+, facebook)
What else should I look at? What of the above will have low success?
I know that this is a duplicate of Setting up a honeypot but I am focused on just the 'traffic' facet of that user's question.