Now what I'd like to know is what are potential uses of this alternative to UAs?
I'm going to release it as an open-source project but before releasing it, I should know its potential use cases and maybe some missing features from this project.
Here is what's going on in details:
- I've written some scripts which scan client's browser about 400ms
- After scanning, the script produces a MD5 string
- This MD5 is almost unique in 86.4% of different browser/OS combinations (the percentage is a result of my tests of this project under nearly 170 browsers available at Browsershots)
- This percentage makes the project perfect for detecting spoofed User-Agent strings
Here is what I'm looking for:
- What are this project's potential use cases?
- Is there anything more you (as an IT security specialist) expect from such project? (I mean something beyond MD5 generation)