I have a collection of files I would like to securely share with a small number of other people. The collection is mostly static; no more than one or two new files will be added per month (after the initial set up). The files are mostly PDFs, videos (< 5 minutes long), and audio files. It is extremely important that these files remain private - they could be very damaging if released to a wider audience. Thus, I am willing to make it a pain to access these files if it makes leaks less likely.
I am hoping to find a solution that has some of the following attributes: (I understand I probably can't get all of them.)
- Requires possession of a physical object, like a one-time-password generating dongle, as well as knowing a text password, to access the files
- Possible for me to wipe the archive remotely
- Archive will wipe itself after a number of incorrect attempts
- Once someone has accessed the files, it's difficult for him to redistribute them
- Each person I'm sharing with has their own password, so I can see who is accessing the files
Do you know of anything I could use that has the aforementioned properties? (I'm not even sure where to start looking.)
- I'm not worried about the police or anything; it's just that some people in my group are allowed to see these documents and some aren't. I'm worried that authorized people may inadvertently leak files, or that unauthorized people may try to break in by stealing machines or passwords to accounts like email.
- Most people in the group are in one physical location