We were discussing to implement single on in our web application,right now after analyzing we came to know that the following were the advantages of single sign on authentication.
- Users select stronger passwords, since the need for multiple passwords and change synchronization is avoided.
- Inactivity timeout and attempt thresholds are applied uniformly closer to user points of entry.
- It improves the effectiveness/timeliness of disabling all network/computer accounts for terminated users.
- It improves an administrator's ability to manage users and user configurations to all associated systems.
- It reduces administrative overhead in resetting forgotten passwords over multiple platforms and applications.
- It provides users with the convenience of having to remember only a single set of credentials. This also improves security as users find it easier to remember their credentials and do not have to write them down, allowing for a more efficient user logon process.
- It reduces the time taken by users to log into multiple applications and platforms.
What disadvantages exist when implementing single sign on technology?