In the internal network we know that controls are less strict than externally but in the other hand we know that lots of attacks come from the internal segment (unhappy workers, etc.)
Which are appropiate tests to perform during an internal security audit?
- Check shared resources
- Check existing users in the authentication server (DC, LDAP, local...)
- Check installed software against security policy
- Check installed software if there are vulnerable software that should be updated
- Check compliance with antivirus policy
- Check for sensible data at rest
- Check for OS and other software security updates
Which others tests do you suggest?
I know some tools that can help in this task:
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Which other tools do you suggest?