I’ve been applying to for some jobs and use one certain careers page somewhat regularly. I’ve started to notice that I don’t always get logged out even if I do click “log out” and see a message that says I have successfully logged out. After I log out, clicking the button that is supposed to take me to the login page sometimes takes me right back into my account where I can view all my account information or modify and save details, or even delete the account. The log-off does work maybe 75% of the time but the other 25% it doesn’t, and that always seems to happen after I get an error about my SSO token when logging in. So I believe it’s related, I’m not sure how though.
Video uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zZtHBWZsQ
I brought it up with their IT department. Their response was that they do not support individual computers and the different configurations that users may have, and it is most likely a problem with my computer or web browser configuration. Not that my configuration is that unusual (Up to date Chrome with no extensions on a Windows 7 desktop and laptop, and Firefox 22 on another Windows 7 desktop). The computer running Firefox is behind a corporate proxy and they said the proxy is probably causing the issues with logging out. Again I was told that they are not in the business of supporting users’ individual PCs so they can’t do much to fix how it behaves with proxies, and I should find a computer where the log-off works correctly.
Are my expectations for security privacy simply too high? A functional log out seems like a simple, basic expectation. If their website is so fragile that proxies or certain browsers have issues with fundamental things such as logging out, I am concerned that somebody who knows what they are doing could really do a lot of damage. Do I have legitimate concerns or is this nothing out of the ordinary?