I need a way to monitor user file access on windows. What I need is:
- monitoring of user opening, modifying (don't need to know what the changes were, just that a file was modified), copying, pasting and renaming files
- file access monitoring on shared drives that user has access to
- file access monitoring on local drives is a plus
- needs to run in background (needs to be out of reach of a non-privileged user)
- some kind of reporting is a plus
- if no reporting capability is provided it needs to have log exporting capability and logs need to be "parseable" (and not in some "wild" format that has no logic/structure)
- including/excluding folders that need to be monitored is a plus
Is there such a tool for windows?
I found process monitor, but I could not find a way to run it in background and I would have to create a programm to create some kind of report out of procmon logs.
Any other tools I should check out?