From your screenshots, the certificate looks as a normal, valid certificate, bearing the name "
*.opendns.com". However, you may be trying to visit a URL which begins with: "
https://0-197.channel.facebook.com/". In that situation, your Web browser is expected to complain, because the name in the URL (
0-197.channel.facebook.com) does not match what is found in the certificate.
The browser message is confusing because it says things a bit backwards. At the SSL level, the server is not claiming to be
0-197.channel.facebook.com; that's quite the contrary, indeed: the server is claiming to have a name matching
What probably happened is that:
- Some Facebook-related page points, possibly internally (i.e. you would not see it in the URL bar), to a HTTPS URL with the name
0-197.channel.facebook.com, leading your browser to go visit that URL.
- For some reason, after DNS resolution and connection and so on, the server sends a certificate with, as name,
*.opendns.com. Possibly, some intern at Facebook put the wrong certificate in place. Or some other intern at Facebook misconfigured some DNS server, making the name
0-197.channel.facebook.com point to the wrong IP address, namely the IP address of a server which legitimately goes under a name matching
*.opendns.com. Or some intern at your ISP goofed up when configuring a router, leading to the same kind of misdirection. Or possibly the culprit is not an intern but a full-time employee.
In any case, your browser is right in complaining, and by clicking "Continue" you are telling it "shut up, I know what I am doing"; and that's rarely a good idea. To investigate the issue further (if it still happens, which I doubt since this question is from two years ago), the things to do are the following:
- See what makes your browser visit that strange-looking URL. This might be worth some investigation.
- Inspect the certificate to see all the names in it.
- From a
cmd.exe window (I assume you use Windows, from your screenshots), type
nslookup 0-197.channel.facebook.com to see what IP address this name resolves too.
- Do some reverse lookups (e.g. with this tool) to see who owns that IP address (in this case, does it look like something from Facebook ?).
- Do not click on "Continue".
99% (at least) of SSL-related browser warnings are the result of an honest-to-God configuration mistake, but the remaining 1% are attacks, which is why you must heed the warning.