The CISSP is a widely recognized certification in the IT Security industry. Its requirements include:
- Five years of security experience in relevant job roles.
- One year may be waived for having a four-year college degree, MS in information security, or certain other certifications.
- Candidates who do not meet this requirement may be certified as an "Associate of (ISC)2" for until they obtain the experience, up to six years.
- Acceptance of CISSP Code of Ethics.
- Potential audit of qualifications.
- Completion of an exam, with an acceptable score.
- Endorsement by a member of (ISC)2 who is in good standing.