|visits||member for||2 years, 10 months|
- Mac user since December 1992, a pleasure for twenty-one years
- AppleSeed programme member 405 in 2009 – I departed after five years when some essentials within the OS X Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) were abandoned by Apple for for the mashed-up development of OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- I don't expect pre-release OS X 10.11 El Capitan to put things right, so it's a slow farewell from me to the Mac – http://tinyurl.com/farewellmac
- switching to PC-BSD, which uses the OpenZFS storage system and file system – I'll continue to use OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks in Oracle VirtualBox (probably without Apple hardware), Debian Linux in a jail, and so on
- planning to use Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids with parallel pairing capability (context)
- Yotaphone 2 is very appealing but before purchase I'd like to handle one, locally – in Brighton or Hove
- Light Phone and Janus One are appealing complements, but I should not expect such things to work with the swipe features that are associated with Unify Circuit.
IT support and related activities for:
- CENTRIM, the Centre for Research in Innovation Management (City campus – Edward Street building, five minutes' walk from the innovation quarter for Circus Street)
- Brighton Business School (Moulsecoomb campus and beyond).
Some other interests
- Overcoming both tinnitus and the side-effects of tinnitus
- relaxation and meditation – within the constraints of tinnitus
|bio||website||alpha.app.net/grahamperrin||visits||member for||2 years, 10 months|