|visits||member for||6 months|
|seen||Aug 27 '13 at 4:16|
I'm an atmospheric scientist currently working for NOAA. I spend half of my time forecasting the weather and climate, and the other half scripting and programming scientific web pages and proprietary software.
I have several years of experience with:
- Scripting, PHP, Python, Perl, Matlab, VB, and (ugh) C
- APIs (Google, Twitter, Facebook, Jpgraph, Flot, qx, etc)
- Database Design, Postgres, mySQL, apache, shell, ssh/scp/sftp, hosts
- Data Analysis (Visualization of statistics through GIS/Graphics)
I'd like to improve on:
- Node.js / Angular.js / D3.js
- Ruby / Rails
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Open Source/Github
- Security & Efficiency
- Mobile Development
One last note: Please accept answers that work for you! It's the least you can do for those who take the time out to answer your questions.