I've read a lot of articles about client certificates. Please correct me if I'm wrong:
- client certificates are issued using CA
- CA could be created by myself (self-signed) or bought
- client certificate has pair of public\private key and signature created using private key of CA
- client needs to have installed client certificate only
- server needs to have installed CA to validate signature of client certificate using public key CA
Question: what is difference between bought CA and self-signed CA? Because as I understand in both cases I need to install CA on server to validate client certificates.