I made it work a job account protected by a certificate in a java spring application but is not that clear to me the minimal steps.(Could you believe that :) I need some theory.
Here my steps:
- get the certificate of format pkcs12
- install the certificate on my windows7 machine(Installed in trusted root)
- checking existing entries of .p12 and their alias (keytool -list - keystore...)
- Export the public key first (keytool -exportcert -keystore...)
- Import it to cacerts (keytool -importcert -keystore...)
- Then I received an error like my machine and the server didn't trust themselves
- Access server, and retrieve certificate(java InstallCert ...)
- In my application I set properties for pkcs12 file password and truestStore
What's the role of installing the certificate on my machine? Is it necessary.