For quality management purposes, the company I work for would like a system which requires a client to read through a disclaimer and then provide an electronic signature, acknowledging said disclaimer, before being granted access to a download area. After the disclaimer has been signed for, we would also like a feedback system in the form of an automated email, which is sent back to a designated address. I am clueless in this department so I am wondering what is the best way to implement this - most likely best left to a professional but any response here would be great!
I had imagined the process to be as follows:-
- Company sends a client a pin number and project reference number which is unique to a particular download area (each project we work on and intend to submit to a client would in theory have it's own download area)
- Client visits a page on our website where they enter the reference number and pin number we provide them with, which takes them to their specific disclaimer (disclaimer is different for every project)
- Client reads disclaimer, signs an electronic signature by providing name, job title and probably some other information yet to be decided.
- Client is granted access to the download area specific to that project and is able to download the files within.
- Once the electronic signature is signed, an automated email is sent to a designated address to provide us confirmation and evidence of the client's access.
A few further notes:-
- A web-based system would be ideal so it can be integrated into our website - we set up the project on a webpage, entering the specific disclaimer details and uploading the relevant files.
- If the client wishes to gain access to the file area again, they just have to re-enter the reference number and pin number which then bypasses the disclaimer form. However, We must have the option to force the client to re-sign if for example we update some files within the download area.
- To avoid the risk of duplicate pins being issued owing to human error or whatever, some level of automation which provides a randomly generated pin would be great too. We could use a random number generator every time but it would help if the process was streamlined.
I have come across the following - https://www.universign.eu/en/timestamp/ - which seems to be what I'm after but again, the implementation into a website is beyond me.