1) What type of information is leaked through side-channel signals from a laptop? List all types where possible. (i.e. keyboard input? the application used on the computer, like google chrome?)
2) What tools/devices are used to pick up the side channel signal from a laptop? (i.e. Can an attacker use his laptop or his smartphone to pick up side-channel signals?)
3) Does the information leaked through the side channel signal only involves the activities that are currently in use in the laptop? or does it involve data that are not currently in use? (example: can something that you type in the laptop 1 month ago be leaked through side-channel signal although it is not in use?)
4) How revealing a side-channel signal can be, in terms of an example: if I type a confidential document consisting of 10 pages with 1000 words, how many words can be leaked through side-channel signal? Can I have a rough estimate like 20%, 50%, 80% etc?
5) How easy or reliable to pick up a side channel signal from a laptop? How long does it take to analyze the information from a side-channel signal?
6) What is the typical distance/range can a side-channel signal be picked up? i.e. how many kilometers? Can it be picked up through a wall although it is a weak signal?
Extra question: can you find out what information is being typed in the scientific calculator using a side-channel attack?