This question is with regards to Windows Personal PC.
How to protect Windows Registry from being changed or from programs trying to add keys? I understand that the following general good practices are required:
- Use non-admin account when possible
- Keep OS version up-to-date
- Keep malware and virus checker up-to-date
- Know the source of .exe and .bat files I install and run and ensure they are safe
- Know which sites I visit and ensure they are safe
but I guess this is still not enough since some malware can defeat the above and end-up changing the Registry information, so my questions are:
Q1: How can I guarantee that the registry will not be tampered with?
Q2: Could a non-admin account change the registry?
Q3: Does windows report such changes in a log? How to access that log?