I recently started gathering information about poker and poker online. I had no idea about it and I have spent about a week surfing the web (mainly using Google) and consulting different web pages and forums.
Today, I received a phone call offering me some kind of special price in an online casino which I obviously don't want. They have told me they have obtained my cell phone because I have been surfing the looking for information about poker.
I have not been able to obtain any more information. I am somewhat worried about how they got my telephone number and what's more important, about how they know I have recently started to search for poker online and all that.
I can summarize my internet privacy like this:
- I have no Facebook acount, nor Twitter, nor any other kind of social network.
- I have a Gmail account which indeed has my phone number.
- I also have an Amazon account which also has my phone number associated with it.
- During the process of searching for information about poker I registered myself in a forum, but I didn't gave them any kind of private information, not even my name (I used a different email account that I use for these kinds of things )
- I also bought in Amazon an e-book about poker, and the Seller was Amazon EU Sarl.
- I have also performed a virus scan and my updated AV software hasn't found any problem.