I found that it is not possible to create a fake Facebook account to be an admin for my Facebook app. Or to make a business account the admin for a Facebook app. Here are three stack overflow questions that state I must use a personal Facebook account linked to a real person in order to create an app:
I have heard stories about peoples personal Facebook being hacked via social engineering. If my account were compromised it would also compromise my app.
Since this question is on the verge of being subjective I will try my best to ask specific questions.
- In order to reduce the likely hood of a successful social engineering attack I will want to make it hard to figure out which account is linked to the app. Is it in violation of Facebook's terms and condition to create an account with my name and birthday, but showing a location from which I don't live?
- Can I add two factor authentication to access my Facebook app's admin panel?
- Does Facebook or any other site have statistics for how often a Facebook app is compromised to social engineering?
- Does Facebook offer a program that my company can enroll in that would allow us to manage our app through a non-personal Facebook page?
- Are there any documented strategies for protecting my Facebook App from Social Engineering? By documented strategies I am asking about strategies that have been written about and are in use by many companies; I do not intend for this to be an opinionated brainstorming session or a discussion.
Thank you so much for your help!