I apologize for the lengthy questions and my lack of knowledge on this issue. I work from home using my own computer and connect to a remote server. I know my employer monitors my work when connected to the server. My concern is if anyone from our IT dept could gain access to my home computer files. Several IT people have come and gone over the last few months and my one credit card had a fraudulent charge on it. It was caught quickly. But still worries me if other accounts are now vulnerable.
So my questions are:
- Is my work able to see my Word documents, pictures, or internet pages while I'm connected to the remote server. If I were to have them open on my personal desktop not through the remote server.
- Are they able to hear me or see me while I'm connected. I cover the camera part because I have kids and the camera scares me. But I'm also concerned about if they can hear me since I do talk to my kids in the morning while they get ready for school. Like you'd talk to another coworker walking by. They know not to interrupt me. (I also may talk to my dog or sing here and there....) lol
- A lady from work uses her cellular data at work when she texts/iMessages because she said if using the company's wifi they can see exactly what she's saying. True? How about with my remote connection?
- I'm thinking of getting a separate computer just for work, but am afraid that my current computer is still accessible to them even when not connected to the remote server... Maybe through my internet connection? it's the one that has all my stuff on it.
- Is there any program I can look for that will detect any spying on my home computer. They use LogMeIn when connected to the remote server.
Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this and answer any of the questions or give advice. THANK YOU!!