This is in respect to bypassing Captive Portals. I haven't tried it yet on a captive portal yet. But I was wondering, what will happen if :
- I connect to a wireless network
- Get the router's MAC address by using "arp -a" command.
- Change my device MAC address to router's MAC address.
In this scenario, lets assume :
- The captive portal is not configured for proper security and it is only looking at the MAC addresses of the clients connected.
- Authenticated MACs can browse the internet whereas others without authentication get through the captive portal.