Hi I have recently started to learn about data protection. After the snowden events it seems pretty certain that intelligence agency may have planted backdoors in hardware. I have got a few questions relating to this topic and hope it is not too much ;) and someone with enough patience will help a newbie.
- libreboot offers laptops that run only on "free" software. Do you know/think that a librelaptop does also provide for no backdoors? On their website they are only mentioning the intel processor backdoors but what about harddrive backdoors or other relevant components?
- If there is no device which is backdoorfree with 100% certainty available right now, do you think that there will be one one day? (I do not think so)
- I have read a comment in which someone asserts that these backdoors are not used by intelligence since all the data they would pick up must be sent to them over your router so that anyone would know about it and it would be too easy to find out. What do you think about this argument?
- My next question relates to internet anonymity. Does it really matter to try hiding all your information, protect yourself and try to use as much "secure" (open-source) software as possible when people spying on you just could use the hardware backdoors?
- My last question: what do you think about parallel vpns: https://thesafety.us/en/parallel_vpn ? does it seem like a good idea or would you prefer proxychains? Tor?....