I have some doubts regarding keys passphrases
- I have many machines (around 5) where I use ssh from
- Every machine has different password for user
- I log in from every machine to any other machine
So it gives 25 keypairs I guess and the thing is - what should be passphrase to keys? I see following solutions:
- use local machine password
- use remote machine password
- use combined pass like "localpassremotepass"
- use different passphrase for every keypair (pretty unusable. Number of passwords grows exponentially)
Local machines are much more likely to get compromised than remote.
Which of those strategies is correct as in widely used and accepted as fine? Are there any other solutions like some hybrids etc?