Here I am describing the scenario which I used to login to my Gmail account.
- A fresh installed Windows Laptop was given to me with chrome installed.
- Connected to WiFi network of my college.
- Signed in to Gmail using Incognito Window of Chrome browser.
- Signed out of Gmail.
- Closed the browser and given to my professor to discover my unsaved password.
- And he found my password within 15 seconds.
I assure you that there was no keylogging applications were installed and my professor refused to disclose the method which he used to discover my password and I am really doomed now.
I am pretty sure my professor had no access to the laptop before and he can do this trick on any computers which is connected to our college network.And no sniffers or malwares were on the laptop as I have checked the services running under Task manager.
I just want to know how he did it.Do anyone know how he did it?
I think that the college network might be using cookies to track the activities of user and I think the login data is saved in the Network.