It is common sense that companies networks are being monitored and they can track what https you visited. But how much does companies have access to on tracking your usage?
- HTTPS and websites are a given to be seen, along with the time and packet used
- Login IDs and passwords are also a given to be seen in company's networks
But could they monitor:
- Exactly what kind of content I am seeing without opening the links directly? Are they only available to seeing list of links that were opened or all things?
- I am opening an app (let's say line or whatsapp) and a picture was shared there, I was just scrolling down without clicking the picture at all, can they see that files/pictures are there?
Also last one case:
I am using my personal phone and personal laptop. However, I am connecting like this:
"laptop > phone > company network"
where my phone shared the tethered connection from the company network
Does this appear in the company's monitoring system that:
- Laptop + phone connected to company network
- Phone connected to company network
And does this case still available to be tracked by the company on what things I visit on my laptop?