For an IoT project I've defined a simple security schema. Does this already exsist and if so, how is it called?
- There is one root key.
- With every key, a child key can be generated. The creation key becomes the parent.
- A child key can have write, read, delete, and/or execution rights.
- A parent has access to a child, a childs child, etcetera.
- A child has no access to a parent.
- A child can have an expiration timestamp which, when expired, keeps all children intact.
- A child can inherit the experation timestamp from parent.
This creates a tree of keys which can be given to people, devices, apps etcetera. The amount of keys created does not matter, a device can also have multiple keys.