For example, I'm trying to work what percentage of passwords are within the top 500 most common passwords.
closed as off-topic by Xiong Chiamiov, Stephane, Matthew, schroeder♦ Jun 12 '17 at 8:11
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "Questions seeking product recommendations are off-topic as they become obsolete quickly. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve." – Xiong Chiamiov, Stephane, Matthew, schroeder
Analysis from 2014
This website has some really good statistics from analysing 10 million passwords. You can look at this FAQ for information on how the 10 million passwords were collected.
Just to select a few statistics from wpengine:
- 0.6 percent of passwords are 123456
- A hacker could guess 16 out of 1000 passwords by using the 10 most popular passwords
- 8.4 percent of passwords end with a number
- The average entropy of a password is 21.6
Top 10 passwords: