In this site is was announced that everybody can decrypt the files victim of a ransom attack.
They just don't tell you how it was possible.
It's supposed the files were encrypted with an encryption algorithm that wouldn't be possible to break.
- Were they able to decrypt the public key using super computers?
- Has the encryption algorithm used a secret backdoor and it's actually unsafe (as it happened previously with a NIST standard)?
- Governments already has developed in secret quantum computers and they can decrypt anything?
- If they were able to decrypt the ransom, does it means that our passwords and credit card number are not longer safe?
The attacker may send you the secret key by payment in bitcoins using the deep web which is an anonymous transaction.
- Did they caught the attacker and got the secret key?
- Does it means that the deep web or bitcoins are not as anonymous as we think?
- Did they make a deal with the attacker?