We have an application that is currently running via Http protocol. We are aiming at migrating it to Https. We have made the necessary changes and then during login to the application, I am getting a 'peer not authenticated' error message.
I am completely new to SSL world and so I google up and have captured the wireshark trace and the communication is looking as below:
1) Client sends [SYN] to server.
2) Server sends [SYN,ACK] to client. 3) Client sends [ACK] to server.
4) Client sends the message “Client Hello” to the server.
5) Server sends its public key with the message “Server Hello, Certificate, Server Hello Done”
6) Alert 61, Level Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown // Failing here.
Request you to share your inputs on what could be going wrong. We are stuck here and not able to proceed further.