Aside from being a bitcoin wallet, the Trezor supports FIDO U2F and seems to offer some unique benefits over a Yubikey:
- The keys are always generated on the device and never rely on the manufacturer supplied secrets. (vs. yubikey issuing the key, meaning mass hacks may happen in the future)
- User can confirm login on the Trezor screen. (Yubikey has no screen)
- The U2F keys can be backed up and restored with the 24-word seed phrase. (Yubikey has no backup option)
- I understand that the Trezor does not use a secure element, so this might mean that keys are easier to steal in a lab context.
- More complex = greater attack surface.
Are there any other security benefits / issues one should be aware of that would make the Yubikey a better option specifically with regards to FIDO U2F?