Scenario: PartyA had put up an online offer on PartyB's certain product, if I bought the product through PartyA's channel then I shall be entitled to an specific gift/reward if PartyB approves my request and agrees to deliver the same. PartyB has approved my request to purchase the product and provided written confirmation on the same.


  • The offer is old and now is not available and has been replaced by exactly similar offer with different name and dates on their PartyA website. I have a PDF copy of PartyB's offer which list certain TnC.
  • PartyA's scheme was feeling a little shady for me from the start and as a result I am not getting any response in return for several of my enquireirs about the so called "specific gift/reward".

I want to file a complain in consumer forum (a legal entity in India to deal with consumer related complains) with copy PartyB's offer. The challenge I might face here is to prove origin of that PDF. How can I do that?

  • 1
    The type of valid evidence will be up to the consumer forum. This is a question for them. One way is to use the Wayback Machine or cached Google results from that time to see what the site looked like at a point in time.
    – schroeder
    Mar 13, 2018 at 15:21
  • If it isn't digitally signed, this will be difficult. Mar 14, 2018 at 9:14


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .