Do they have lasers motion sensors etc.. more looking for the type of security system you would see in a basic house not rich / well endowed one.
closed as too broad by Jeroen, Steffen Ullrich, Teun Vink, Tom K., André Borie Apr 5 '18 at 22:38
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
On the typical consumer-end, there are no lasers or microwave sensors. Look at what a starter security package includes, I'm sure lots of companies will be happy to explain to you what they offer if you call and ask. There's an increasing number of DIY solutions available, which run the gammut of complexity, but i think you're asking more about a typical alarm service, like Brinks or ADT.
Typically you can expect:
- magnetic door open sensors on major egress points
- PIR detectors in common areas, entryways, and high-value locations
- a main control panel for setup/monitoring, by garage door or primary entrance
- 1-2 limited control panels for activation, panic, and monitoring
- an outdoor siren to alert alarm activation to the public
- a cellular modem to contact an alarm monitoring service
- monitoring video cameras that can push to owner's phones ($$)
- magnetic window open sensors and glass break sensors ($$$)