I own a Mycloud NAS and it was affected by ransomware.
In the NAS there are several folders, most of them are password protected. There is also the "Public" folder which can be seen by all users and contains family photos, movies, etc... Until now this "Public" folder is the only one affected.
- Can I download the unaffected folders on my laptop, reset the NAS and then restore the data? How can I be sure that the ransomware is not hidden in these folders?
- Can the ransomware spread from the NAS to our devices if the devices are connected to the same wifi network?
- If ransomware gets on my laptop and I'm doing online banking, are my bank data in danger?
- Can I just remove the ransomware and avoid the reset of the NAS? I've done a scan with the app "Anti-Virus Essentials" but it founds nothing. I couldn't find Norton solutions for the Mycloud NAS.
- I'm connecting to the NAS from my Linux Laptop with an NFS connection. Can the ransomware use this connection to affect my laptop?