Never send unprotected PANs by end-user messaging technologies (for example, e-mail, instant messaging, chat, etc.).
Is there any way to send payment card data securely through some sort of online service?
- Client is calling Company Office “A” and requesting a booking.
- Company Office A has no credit card data on file in the GDS profile nor in the company system.
- Client is providing the credit card information by phone.
- As Company Office “B” has to process the booking, Company Office “B” must be provided with the CC Data.
- Company office “B” is using a different GDS and a PNR cannot be transferred.
As far as I know, we are not allowed to send credit card data via email especially since internal email is not encrypted.
The Business has suggested to send the credit card information in two separate emails and to split the credit card number!