This is slightly different to this one which site do you use to view details of vulnerabilities?
My question relates to the differences between various websites for searching vulnerabilities. I am aware of the following sites:
- National Vulnerability Database (NVD) (https://nvd.nist.gov)
- CVE Details (https://www.cvedetails.com)
- CVE Mitre (https://cve.mitre.org/)
- CIRCL CVE Search (https://cve.circl.lu)
The same CVEs can be found in all of these places. My questions are:
- What distinguishes each of these different websites? Is it simply the same information available in multiple places with different maintainers?
- Is there one recognized source of truth that the majority of security researchers go to? Or is this country dependent?