We have a WAF in front of our environnement. Let's say now
- the client ask for example.com
- The waf make a redirect (303) saying https://example.com
Now the communication is established between the client and the WAF.
If now, my back-end have a rule saying
"everything comming on port 80 must be redirected to www.example.com"
For precisions, the WAF and the back-end can only communicate with the port 80
- The client send his request https://example.com
- The waf send it to the back-end (http://example.com)
- The bak-end answer http://www.example.com
Will the WAF will overwrite www.example.com by https://example.com