How are the GET parameters passed?
I Understand the HTTP Connection is started by browser as below
1) Connect with TCP port 80
2) after connection, pass the following over the connection
3) Receive the data content (Could be text, html, image etc)
4) Display the data
Is this the same kind of process followed by the browser for HTTPS?
1) Connect with TCP port 443
2) establish a secure connections
3) after secure connection, pass the following over the connection
4) Receive the data content (Could be text, html, image etc)
5) Display the data
If it is then the parameters are transferred securely over TLS.
I am not developing the webapp but my client is passing the parameters over GET request parameters and I have a doubt over how this is handled by TLS over HTTPS.
I don't care about security issue of logging the request URI in the Browser History or request URI logged by the server.
I am mainly interested in knowing if the parameters are passed by HTTPS over TLS or not.