I have an Outbound Rule in my firewall called "Your Phone".
- All programs.
- In Customize Application Package Settings, it has "Apply to app package..." set with a long identifier starting with "S-1-15-2-1726375552-1729233799- etc. A search of my C-Drive and Registry found nothing.
- Apply to all programs and services.
- No restrictions on computers.
- Any protocol.
- All Local Ports.
- All Remote Ports.
- Any Local IP Address.
- Any Remote IP address.
- Profiles: all three of Domain, Private, Public.
- No restrictions on users.
I'm thinking this is a pretty powerful Rule. Well, the default for Advanced Firewall is to allow all outbound traffic, so its not so bad right?
There is also a "Your Phone" in the Inbound Rules. Same settings, except Public is not checked. I'm guessing it must be something that allows a cell phone to communicate via Windows 10 but I would really like to know what app or service its going through.
Can anyone explain what this is, and in particular that "Application Package" thingy?