I want to attach a valid ssl subdomain to my pfsense. I would check it (with warnings) via my the pfsense's IP 192.168.11.1 .
I used multiple tutorials to come up with the following:
- Bought a domain
- Set the domain's namespace to cloudflair
- Setup an cloud flair API key with dns zone edit rights and collected various cloudflair details.
- Created an A record with a subdomain pointing to my static external ip
In my pfsense, I
- Installed ACME
- Added two ACME keys (one for staging and another for production)
- Created a certificate successfully (both in staging and production)
- Set my pfsense to new certificate
- Added my subdomain to the additional hostnames
At this point of time it worked. I thought I had more to do since I didn't know how the browser was resolving to my pfsense's IP.
The next day, it stopped working with the Error 522. Its complaining with a Cloudflair view that states my Host is the problem. I can still access the pfsense via IP.
Did I miss anything? What reason did it stop working?