(This question bugs me because I am not willing to upgrade for Windows 10)
If we are talking about a device (i.e. a PC) in the following scenario:
- The device is located behind a router that is up-to-date and all inbound ports are closed
- There are no other malicious devices in your home network
- No one else but you has physical access to the device
- The device has no WiFi or Bluetooth (or simmilar) interface
- The software you are accessing the internet with i.e. webbrowser, email client, etc. are up-to-date
Are OS security patches for that device really of such importance? If so, please explain why.