I have a page which verifies the user's email address, that has access to their user id. From this page they're redirected to the login page. I want their username to be filled in already. In other words, passing the username (or email) from one page to another.
First thing coming to mind would be storing the username (or email) in the session storage.
- Would this approach impose any security risks?
- Is there any preference (in terms of security) storing either the username or email address?
These are the options that came to mind, others are happily welcome as well.
- Session storage (preferred)
- Pass it through the URL, as queries
- State management, e.g. Redux