I had a card like a credit card that I used to use for work. It was an ID card, and it had an access code, a swiper, a barcode, my picture, my name, my rank, my license, the name of the company, and the address of the building where my companies data center was. It was plastic, and was multiple colors.
- SHRED; I used a cross cut shredder first
- CUT; I cut it into smaller pieces
- MELT; I then melted the card on my stove. I wore a gas mask. At the end of this stage, the plastic curled up on itself, and all color was gone, with only a black and some brown on the inside.
- SMASH; I took a hammer and smashed it into tiny pieces.
- GRIND; I then used my palms to grind it until it was just black dust
- FLUSH; I flushed it down the sink. I do not use a septic.
My question: is there any way someone who was not authorized to enter the data center could use my access card to enter?