This question already has an answer here:
- Is Google spying on all of us? 9 answers
NOTE: in this question I am interested in discovering the actual method used by Google to track me -in my particular case- and in exploring eventual ways to circumvent it. This is completely different from the question is Google spying on us all. That question is asking "if" Google is tracking users and goes on to talk if that is a correct/acceptable behavior or not.
ok, here is the situation:
I started noticing the same type of ads following me in various sites: in particular a couple of ads regarding "2000+ Chinese women online" and about "meet Thai girls"...
Now, I find that really strange since my Firefox is set to delete cookies when I exit, and Chrome is always in "incognito" mode. I also tried manually delete all offline content, but same result. Another idea: I tried to reboot my internet modem and I got a different public IP.. but still same result.
As a tests I went on www.linuxquestions.org with different browsers:
- with Firefox I get those ads.
- with Chrome I get the same ads.
- with Tor browser (tor is an anonimity network) I get DIFFERENT ads, about Linux and computers/technology.
- with my other laptop, using Internet Explorer, same Thai/Chinese ads.
How do you think is Google managing to follow me?
PS: I have an idea but I would like to hear your opinions first..