IPsec is a security mechanism that provides peer-entity authentication, data-origin authentication, data integrity, and optionally data conﬁdentiality. It relies on extensions to the standard IP header layout and an additional protocol.
The security services that IPSec can provide are:
- Authorization–access control;
- Connectionless data integrity;
- Data-origin authentication;
- Peer-entity authentication;
- Rejection of replayed packets;
- Conﬁdentiality (encryption); and
- Limited trafﬁc ﬂow conﬁdentiality.
I am unsure how this relates to protection against IP spoofing.