I've done a lot of searching on SE and particularly here in regards to preventing issues or attacks for an image based website to accept image uploads, but I haven't seen anyone mention the idea of adding a limit on the number of file uploads per a period of time on the server, and wondered if this would be a good addition?
So far I have read:
- Risks of a php image upload form
- Secure PHP upload form & storage
- Secure PHP File Upload Script
- Secure File Upload in PHP Web Applications
- Why File Upload Forms are a Major Security Threat
Are there any other security precautions to think about? I did read how images should be renamed. I've been thinking about using a 3rd party image API for the site, but I'm still looking into its security and implementation.