First of all: I HAVE read the "Why does Google know my location?" posts but still in my case it is a bit weird / the solutions cannot fit.
- Fresh installed linux. Never ever logged in into a google-account or something like that on that machine.
- VPN using OpenVPN. Working according to those "show me information to my IP" - sites
- Location Services Disabled in Chrome browser
Still: Netflix displays "not available in your country" and google maps still displays my position (roughly)
I know about the possibilities for google to save my Routers MAC etc. but the following is also true for my network:
- Netflix does NOT recognize me when connecting via Windows-PC
- Also not when connecting via Android- Device (with disabled gps) (All devices use the same VPN and the same LAN)
So there must be something "in the machine" / the OS that offers Netflix the geo information it needs.
Any idea what this could be? And especially: How to avoid that / fake it? (I would be fine if the OS also is tricked about my location)
It is a clean Ubuntu installation with only XBMC installed if that matters.