I have a server which has multiple NICs (ignoring redundant pairs):
- 'inward' facing production (connects to other servers);
- 'outward' external facing production (connects out to the internet via a DMZ),
- 'outward' internal facing production (connects to internal users including application admins); and
- management NIC that connects to the management network.
My question then is, can I limit account access based on the NIC through which the user connected: for example:
- you can only access the root account or some sudoer accounts if you connected through the management NIC;
- you can only access application admin accounts if you connected through the internal-facing NIC?