I might use some inappropriate terminology because I am no expert, but please feel free to correct me where it is needed.
I believe that a process has modified some network file on my computer, like the hosts file, in order to reroute my Google searches. The reason I say this is because I have a very fast internet connection and every website loads up very quickly, except for Google. The other possibility I can think of is that Google's server is operating slowly, but it seems to be fine when I do searches on my phone.
Now, I don't mean just a little bit slower, but in the range of taking up to a minute to load; this is seems to me to be very odd behavior. I have also checked my host file at "C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/Etc/hosts" and it seems to be fine.
I would like to know the opinion of someone else.
- When trying to load www.google.com the page takes longer than 1 minute to load
- www.Google.ca loads perfectly normal and quite fast.
- other webpages load at a normal speed (less than 5 seconds).
- When pinging "www.google.com" the packets time out
- When pinging "maps.google.ca" the packets return promptly
- When pinging "www.google.com" the address that is pinged is "[2607:f8b0:4009:801::1011]"
- If I add the line "22.214.171.124 www.google.com" into the hosts file, then Google loads fine; mind you, this is not a fix--I still would like to know what's going on and fix the problem.